BMA blog post

1.  Red Plum by Thomas Downing
     This sculpture is a piece of artwork which I believe is trying to convey a picnic or fruit of some sort. I believe each different circle represents a different fruit. I was least interested in this painting out of all my featured ones that I saw at the BMA. I just don't see a lot I can connect to with this sculpture .


2. Women With Basket Of Fruit by Pierre Bonnard
     In this Painting we see a women who looks like she is in some sort of a chefs outfit and is possibly preparing to cook something with the fresh fruit in the basket. This painting makes me feel Happy and hungry as the basket of fruit looks extremely tasty and everything in the picture seems very happy and calm and gives me a lot of positive vibes.


3. Chimeras in the Mountains by Max Ernst
    In this painting we see a calm valley range with mountains and whats seems to be mythical birds. I believe this poem is trying to portray a calm and unharmed valley guarded by these creatures spread throughout the painting. I also can relate to the bird in the middle a lot. It looks to me that he is the main creature who runs all the other birds in the valley. Overall this was my favorite painting at the BMA as I really love the colors and layout of the painting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colors- Christian Flood

Post Modernism- Christian Flood